Monday, January 14, 2008

Will the 2008 Election be a Hard Choice -- or Hardly a Choice

It is early in the Primary Process for the Presidential Election and way too soon to start prognosticating on who the ultimate Republican and Democratic Nominees will be.

For me the Hardest Choice in November would be a race between McCain and Obama. I believe that they truly transcend partisan politics --- and both have the moral fortitude to forsake party labels when going about the business of the people.

It would be a Hard Choice --- but it would be the first opportunity in my lifetime, that I would actually have a Choice between Two Good Candidates ..........

The worst scenario in my opinion, would be a contest between Clinton and Giuliani.

Clinton is trying to ride the coattails of her husband --- while concurrently trying to distance herself from his Centrist to Right record. And as she has shown in the past, she is very adept at remaking her image to whatever she thinks the current electorate wants --- a true Candidate du Jour.

Giuliani besides making a name for himself with the typical ruthless prosecutions designed for headlines (yes, there were a few good ones that he should get credit for) that aspiring US Attorneys are famous for, is riding the coattails of the 9/11 disaster, which even the NYFD folks say he does not deserve.

I know better than to get my hopes up this early in the game --- but if it is only a dream that we could have a Real Choice between Two Standup Candidates like Obama and McCain--- please don't wake me up !

No comments: